Members' Remuneration /Allowances, Expenses & attendance rates
This Council is made up of 22 independent elected Members from seven wards across Shetland.
For register of interests and membership of other bodies, visit our Commiteee Information page.
- Councillors expenses 2014/15 (PDF, 193Kb)
- Councillors attendance rates 2014/15 (PDF, 31Kb)
- Councillors expenses 2013/14
- Councillors attendance rates 2013/14
- Councillors' expenses 2012/13
- Councillors' expenses 2011/12
- Councillors' expenses 2010/11
- Councillors' expenses 2009/10
- Councillors' expenses 2008/09
The rules on which expenses Councillors can and cannot claim for are set by The Scottish Local Authorities Remuneration Committee (SLARC), an advisory non-departmental public body set up in 2005. SLARC is a corporate body established under the provisions of the Local Governance (Scotland) Act 2004 to advise Scottish Ministers on the payment by Local Authorities of remuneration (including pensions), allowances and the reimbursement of expenses incurred by local authority councillors in accordance with criteria specified by Scottish Ministers from time to time.
The SLARC website contains further information, including the Members’ Code of Conduct.