What is GIRFEC?
Getting it right for every child aims to improve outcomes for all children and young people.
'Getting it right for every child' puts the wellbeing of children and young people at the centre. A common coordinated framework for assessment, planning and action across all agencies is used to address needs. Getting it right for every child recognises that children, young people and their parents / carers have the right to be consulted about decisions that affect them.
It promotes a shared approach that:
- Builds solutions with and around children and families
- Enables children to get the help they need when they need it
- Supports a positive shift in culture, systems and practice
- Involves working together to make things better
Getting it right for every child is the foundation for our work with all children and young people, including adult services where parents are involved.
- Shetland GIRFEC Guidance (841KB pdf).
- Contacting and Sharing Information with a Named Person (518KB pdf)
- Notification Form (59KB doc)
- Shetland Have Your Say Template (146KB doc)
- GIRFEC Assessment and Analysis Form (V4.6 67KB docx)
- GIRFEC Child's Plan (V2.20 405KB pdf)
- GIRFEC Chronology Form (V1 53KB docx)
- GIRFEC Review Form (V1.3 56KB docx)
- Recording Additional Support (V1 57KB docx)
- List of Outcomes (V0.8 updated Nov 2016) (373KB pdf)
- The Outcomes Tool (18.6KB pdf)
- Services to Support Outcomes (289KB xlsx)
- Emailing GIRFEC Outcomes Data (updated May 2016) (274KB pdf)
Leaflets for Parents and Carers
- CH12 - Information Sharing and GIRFEC for Children and Young People A Guide for Parents and Carers (121KB pdf).
- CH13 - Letting People know about You. The need to share with others. Leaflet for Young People (1.03MB pdf).
- CH14 - Letting People know about You. The need to share with others. Leaflet for Children (452KB pdf).
- Information Sharing Procedure (96.5KB pdf)
- Consent Form - Young Person (70.5KB pdf)
- Consent Form - Parents / Carers (73.5KB pdf)
- Letter from Informaton Comissioners Office - Information Sharing between Services (314KB pdf)
- GIRFEC QA Survey Monkey September 2014 (162KB pdf)
- GIRFEC QA Survey Monkey Jan 15 (169KB pdf)
- GIRFEC QA Survey June 2015 (72KB pdf)
- GIRFEC QA Framework V1 (41KB docx)
- Information Commissioners Office – Update regarding Supreme Court Judgement
Other Useful Documents and Links
- FAQs (54.4kb pdf)
- Assessment Tool - Web of Unmet Needs (255KB pdf)
- Shetland Family Information Directory
- The Scottish Government Common Core
- Shetland Data Sharing Policy
- Finding the Words for Person Centred Care (179KB pdf)
- Shetland GIRFEC Policy (61KB pdf)
- GIRFEC Self-Evaluation Tool
- Wellbeing for Young Scots
- Video Case Study for Young People
- Case Study for Amy (4 months old)
- National Practice Model (112KB pdf)
- National Risk Framework
- Guidance on Referral to the Reporter (959KB pdf)
Your views, comments and feedback are valuable and useful. Please email any comments to us at:
Jane Cluness, GIRFEC Programme Manager