Shetland Islands Council aims to improve economic opportunities in Shetland. We run a range financial assistance schemes and our staff can help you with any business-related enquiry. Please get in touch on our Contact Us page.
- Economic Development Grant Scheme 2013-2017
- Delegated Scheme for Loans to Purchase Fishing Vessel Licence and/or Quota
- Loans and Other Commercial Investment Measures
European Maritime & Fisheries Fund 2014-20 – The UK Programme for the 2014-20 European Maritime and Fisheries Fund is now open for applications through the EMFF esystem. Information on the local EMFF programme is available here.
Making An Application and Claiming Financial Assistance
Prior to submitting an application for financial support, you should discuss your project with a member of staff to assess eligibility. Following this, an application form must be completed along with any additional supplementary information.
- Application form for Economic Development Grant Scheme 2013-2017
- Application form for Loans and Other Commercial Investment Measures
Shetland Islands Council's Economic Development Policy which covers the period 2013-2017 can be viewed here.
Contacting the Economic Development Service
All Economic Development, LEADER and Business Gateway staff are located at:
Development Services Department
Shetland Islands Council
3 North Ness Business Park
Shetland, ZE1 0LZ.
Telephone: 01595 744940