School comparison project (now the quality Improvement framework)
- Recommendation 1: Set out clear priorities and actions at local authority level for improving further on Shetland's very strong overall attainment record.
- Recommendation 2: Carry out a review of promoted posts and management structures in Shetland's school estate.
- Recommendation 3: Carry out a further review of secondary teaching posts with a view to identifying further opportunities to share teaching staff.
- Recommendation 4: Review other aspects of secondary provision to make secondary education more efficient and sustainable.
- Element (A): Examining the range of subjects available in our schools as part of the Broad General Education and Senior Phase.
- Element (B): Organisation of classes, including compositing in secondary one and two, viable class-sizes and the delivery of Higher and Advanced Higher courses in the same class in Brae High School.
- Element (C): The use of ICT to support online and distance learning.
- Element (D): Opportunity for young people to move to other schools to access subjects as part of their learning programme.
- Recommendation 5: Review the local authority's approaches to quality assurance in schools as part of a wider review of Children's Services, Schools and Quality Improvement Staffing.
- How will teachers and parents be able to have their say in taking the further actions forward?
- Does the framework overlap with the Shetland Learning Partnership?
- Developing the new QIF (pdf. 208KB)
- Overview of Strategy for moving forward with the implementation of the QIF (pdf. 200KB)
- Raising Attainment Action Plan Final 2015 (pdf 72kb)
- Quality Improvement Framework March 2016 Update (pdf 50kb)
- May 2016 Update (pdf 65kb)
Professional Learning Pathways in Shetland: