Grant Aid template documents
From 1st April 2011 any organisation seeking financial assistance from grant aid schemes administered by the Shetland Islands Council must comply with the requirements of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 if they provide services, activities or projects for children, young people and/or protected adults.
Organisations must also have in place policies and procedures that adequately cover protection and welfare issues. This includes:
- Child and Adult protection policy (PDF 30KB)
- Child and Adult protection procedures (PDF 42KB)
- Equal opportunities policy (PDF 43KB)
- Code of conduct for groups working with children (PDF 40KB)
Organisations are asked to :
- consider the contents of these documents and the implications for your group's activities
- if you agree to the contents, to then approve these documents, with signatures of two committee members
- to return a copy of the signed documents with your next grant application.
Other template documents are available elsewhere, e.g. from national umbrella bodies. If your organisation has adopted another template, please include this with your next grant application.
Further information is available at www.safershetland.com
Dislcosure Scotland have produced a self-assessment tool which will help you work through the
various stages to see if you are doing Regulated Work: https://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/disclosureinformation/pvg_training/self-assessment/index.html
Keeping Children and Adults Safe (PDF748 KB) is a useful leaflet produced by the Shetland Child Protection Committee.
If you have any queries at all about applications for grant assistance from the Council's Development Services Department, please contact, either:
Michael Duncan, Grants Co-ordinator on 01595 743828
or Elsa Manson, Grants Officer on 01595 743827