litter and street cleaning
What we do
- sweep streets, roads and paths both manually and mechanically
- remove chewing gum and cigarette ends
- emtpy litter and dog bins, remove dog fouling
- support the Neighbourhood Support Workers who issue fixed penalty notices for dog fouling, littering and smoking related litter
Cleanliness is monitored through the Local Environmental Audit and Monitoring Systems (LEAMS) which is a programme managed by Keep Scotland Beautiful.
- dispose of you litter in designated bins or take it home.
- pick up after your dog has fouled
- report any concerns to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01595 744891.
How you can help
When out and about in Shetland please:
Litter and the law
if you drop litter you could get an on-the-spot fine of £80.
Keep Scotland Beautiful (external site)