We provide a weekly 'essy kert' collection throughout Shetland for domestic rubbish.
Place your refuse out for collection at 07.30am on the appropriate day.
See Google Maps below to see which areas are collected on which days.
- Lerwick Collection Routes
- Mainland North of Tingwall - Rubbish Collection
- Mainland South of Tingwall - Rubbish Collection
- Isles - Rubbish Collection
- Place bags or wheelie bins on the kerbside or side of road at 7.30 am. Bags or wheelie bins put out after this time may not be collected.
- Make sure your rubbish is protected against the wind or pests (like gulls) by either using a wheelie bin or a bruck box.
- Don't make the bags too heavy
- Double bag any leaky or ripped bags
- If there is any broken glass or other sharp objects - place in a cardboard box and clearly label 'sharp object'
If you miss your weekly collection then secure your rubbish until the following week and put it out as normal. If suitable you can take it directly to the Gremista Waste Management Facility in Lerwick. Collections may be disrupted if there is severe weather.
|240 litre wheelie bin £40.00||
Roll of 52 bags £4.00
Select: Miscellaneous Income
Select 'Service': Infrastructure Services
Select 'Item': 240 litre capacity moss-green two-wheeled bin
Notes: 'Account Name' is your name, all major credit cards are accepted and an automatic email will be sent to confirm your purchase.
You can buy a roll of 52 bags for £4.00 from Gremista Waste Management Facility, Lerwick or from SIC Environmental Health, Charlotte House, Lerwick.
Black bags are also available from the following shops:
- Aywick Shop, Yell
- Bigton Community Shop
- Bolts Minimarket, Lerwick
- Brae Garage
- Final Checkout, Unst
- H Henderson, Unst
- JWJ, Whalsay
- Linkshouse Stores, Yell
- Mail Shop, Bressay
- Sandwick Baking Company, Sandwick
- Skibhoul Stores, Unst
Contact us by:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01595 744891.