Business Companion provides information for businesses and individuals that need to know about trading standards and consumer protection legislation - when you use the site, make sure that you choose Scotland as your location using the drop-down list at the top of the page.
The Scottish Government holds the register, and there is no requirement to pay a fee.
Check the public register to see if your business is listed - if not, you can register online, download the registration form to fill in and post to the Scottish Government, or phone 0131 244 2169 to get a paper form sent out to you. If you want to know more about registration, you can contact us.
Are you looking for business advice? One of these leaflets or links may help you.
- Consumer contracts
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations - a basic guide for businesses
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations - a detailed guide for businesses
- Safety of goods in rented or let accommodation
- Second hand cars - checklist for sellers
- Second hand cars - guidance for sellers
- Selling safe second hand electrical goods
- Selling safe second hand furniture
- Selling safe second hand goods
- Weights & Measures guidance for cheese
- Weights & Measures law on the sale of fish
- Weights & Measures guidance for greengrocery
- Weights & Measures guidance for meat & poultry